ACE Theatrical Group, LLC strives for excellence as the managing company for the historic Saenger Theatre and Mahalia Jackson Theater in New Orleans. In this tradition, ACE is always in search of enthusiastic & dedicated employees who possess a passion for customer service and quality live entertainment.
POSITION: Assistant Technical Director
LOCATION: SAENGER THEATRE & MAHALIA JACKSON THEATER – NEW ORLEANS, LA
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
The full time position of Assistant Technical Director supports all aspects of activities required to run, maintain and service theatres and/or the events towards ensuring the production needs are met for artists/producers/promoters, clients and patrons.
- Manage phases of production from start to end. Including advancing, arranging vendors, coordination of technical production elements (sound, lighting, electrical, multi-media, rigging, and staging) for all shows and events produced at the facilities.
- Execute efficient staffing as needed for each event.
- Provide preventive maintenance adjustments and repairs with available resources for in-house performance equipment to ensure that all items are kept in good working order.
- Protect the interests of facility and personnel.
- Assist in the maintenance and repairs of facility, equipment, machinery, and furnishings which may include painting, carpentry, cleaning, electrical, and general projects.
- Identify safety hazards and provide solutions as needed.
- Open and/or secure buildings.
- Experience in large scale theater and live production management to include audio, lighting, theatrical rigging and A/V.
- Previous experience with IATSE crews, Broadway tours, or touring concerts is necessary.
- Background in technical theater equipment applications and maintenance.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic stage and electrical diagrams is necessary.
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work comfortably in dimly lit areas, at heights, and in small spaces.
- Professional attitude, a commitment to customer service and communication.
- Familiarity with proper safety protocols for theatrical productions, OSHA & fire codes.
- Organizational and financial management skill; high level of computer literacy.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours which will include nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- BA or BFA degree preferred.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the successful candidate must be able to:
- Stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds; reach both above and below shoulder height.
- Be willing and able to climb ladders up to 25’, and work in lifts up to 40’ height or in catwalk areas up to 75’
- Have visual abilities including: close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
- Hear and speak in order to communicate on two-way radios.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter including the contact information for three professional references to JobsUs@theambassadors.com. Please include “ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, NOLA” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please. Position is based in New Orleans, LA.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the Assistant Technical Director. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position. ATG is an equal opportunity employer.